This is a MCQs based test with the marks and subject allocation as follows:
The net percentage is of 10% with the subject being divided into 3 parts namely :
- World constitution
- Constitutional history of Pakistan
- 1973 Constitutional history of Pakistan.
This part of the curriculum is further divided into 2 parts; i) English and ii) Islamic with the total net percentage of 10%.
Civil Law: under this head the following are to be studied:
- The Code of Civil Procedure 1908
- Laws of Contract/Limitation/Torts/Specific Relief and
- Maxims Equity with a total net percentage of 20%
- Pakistan Penal Code 1860
- Code of Criminal Procedure 1898 and
- Law of Qisas and Diyat constitute the Criminal Law test, with a total net percentage of 20%.
- Law of Evidence: consists of i) Qanoon e Shahadat Order 1984 and ii) Principles with a total net percentage of 20%.
- International Law: includes public and private with a total net percentage of 10%.
- Cannons of professional conduct and Etiquettes of Advocate as prescribed under Chapter XII of the Pakistan Legal Practitioners & Bar Councils Rules, 1976 holding a total net percentage of 5%.
- English Language: Total net percentage 5%.